Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Then, Gluttony Set In

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world 13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; 14 Who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto Himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

In the last post, I shared how I had struggled with giving some cherries to someone who had been ill. You wouldn't have thought that something like that would be able to sneak in and undermine our faith, but it did. Satan knows where my vulnerabilities are and sneaks up and tempts us when we are especially susceptible to these.

Anyway, the Holy Spirit helped me conquer the struggle with keeping the cherries of giving to the person who had been ill. A few days later, my husband came in with a big container of cherries for me. I don't know that he knew exactly how much I struggled with eating the previous ones or giving them tho the other person, but I was delighted to get them.

Then, I went to the other extreme. The cherry container was a double sized one and I ate over half of them in one evening. They were good, but not outstanding, but I just kept popping one after the other into my mouth. I went from being stingy with the cherries, to gluttony. I have to remember that Jesus redeems us from all inequity including both stinginess and gluttony, and would rather have me more focused on doing His will instead of wallowing in the gutter with my vices.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: