Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Feeling Cocky during COVID-19

Writing these posts helps me refocus on Christ when I start falling back into old patterns. When I wrote and scheduled the last few posts, I realized that I am having risky behaviors that threaten the balance in my life that Christ gave me over 30 years ago when I told Him that if He ever wanted me to be thin, He'd have to do it, because I couldn't.

I was so surprised that day, because Christ took away my urge to eat large quantities of food, especially ones that weren't good for me like sweets, carbs, and ice cream. In writing these posts, I realize that I've been getting cocky. I taking chances with my eating that are not necessary. I've been sampling items I've baked. I tasted a broken piece of cookie to see if it was fit for consumption. I've eaten extra breads and amounts of carbs, when He showed me how many I can normally use without gaining extra weight.

Why am I doing this? During COVID-19, Christ gave me His Peace Which Passes All Understanding and I even lost some of the extra weight I had gained back years ago. Sure, the vast majority of the 80+ pounds I had lost over 30 years ago stayed off, because of Christ's positive influence in my life, but I had lost half of the 20 pounds I had gained back. I always chalked it off to aging, so I didn't worry about it much. The thing is, I started getting cocky, with thinking I can try a little of this and a little of that or I can have the second piece of regular bread, because I had lost extra weight thanks to Christ's influence amidst this stressful time. The thing is, Satan knows when we Christians are vulnerable and I have been taking his bait and threatening my health, but more than that, threatening my close relationship with my Lord and Savior and no bite of something, even something scrumptious is ever worth that. I need to make Christ my priority right now and get off my high horse by taking undue risks!

FYI: In that I am trying to focus more time on doing research on Biblical Inconsistencies to see if they are significant, I will be posting Christian Overeaters Past and Present Blog on Thursdays only, instead of two days a week. Thank you for being supportive for this research project that I have felt led to do. You can read this research at either of these two blogs: Do Biblical Inconsistencies Really Matter? at https://Biblicalinconsistencies.blogspot.com/ and Biblical Proof! at https://BiblicalProof.blogspot.com/ Share these links with those who might benefit. Thanks! Debbie

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: