Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Being Unthankful

Luke 6: 35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for He is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. 36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

I've posted several times about how Christ has given me His Peace Which Passes All Understanding during this pandemic. Instead of worrying and feeling like eating the doorknobs off, like I might have done before I started turning my food, body, eating, and stress over to Christ's capable hands, I've had a sense of calm and little desire to overeat.

I've lost about half of the extra twenty pounds I had gained back over the years, but I have been very thankful, because Christ has allowed the vast majority of the 80+ pounds to stay off the vast majority of this time. Since, I hadn't really been trying to lose that extra weight and thought it was a sign of aging, I started getting worried about losing too much. 

The other night, I woke up and it felt like my hip bones were sticking out. I prayed about it and went into the bathroom to weigh to make sure this wasn't happening. What I saw was that I had instead gained 2/10 of one pound. Instead of being grateful that I wasn't continuing to lose weight at an unhealthy rate, I was unthankful for having gained a mere 2/10 of one pound! I know this Bible verse says that God is also kind to the unthankful and to the evil, but I never figured I would fall into that category. I need to get my faith aligned with my Savior and not worry about gaining or losing weight, since it can become a false god.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: