Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

To Share or Not to Share? That is the Question

Ephesians 6: 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.

Here I am misquoting Shakespeare again. Also, this is a long stretch with the connection I got to this particular Bible verse, but it's the connection I had. I was given a container of nice, juicy cherries. I heard of someone who was sick and thought that they might enjoy them. Then the firey darts of the wicked stepped in and I tried to talk myself out of giving it to the other person, because I love cherries and don't get them often. 

I went back and forth for some time trying to rationalize how I should keep the cherries instead of giving them to the other person. I even got to the point where I decided that I would eat one and if they were of less than superior quality, I shouldn't give them to someone else, but should keep them for myself. You wouldn't want to give anything with less than superior quality to someone else, right??? Yeah, right!!!

They were of superior quality and the Holy Spirit kicked in, because my faith was on the brink of teetering as I struggled with whether to give or eat the cherries myself. I called the person right away and asked if they wanted the cherries, which they did. I'm glad that the Holy Spirit is there for me when I find that I am vulnerable to food and ways that I feel tempted, at times.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: