Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Maybe I Need a Standby...

John 15: 1 I am the true vine, and My Father is the husbandman. 2 Every branch in Me that beareth not fruit He taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, He purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit

I initially selected this Bible passage, because it tied in with fruit, but it is so much more significant than this!!! I was going to tell that after the situation in my last post, where I wanted something to munch on, but had already eaten two apples at lunch, I realized that I shouldn't eat more than one apple then, so I have one left for later...but that is all worldly things and this blog is so much more than food and eating or not eating!

This passage reminds me that as a Christian, I need to bear fruit as such, sharing my faith with others in some form or another. Sure, I write these Christian blogs, but am I really doing all that Christ wants of me? Am I getting to the point where I minimally share my faith in Christ with others, just touching on it so that it's a portion of this or other blogs? Do I just do what's comfortable and easy?

See, the second portion of this Bible passage is that every branch that beareth fruit, He [God] purgeth that it may bring forth more fruit. So, if I am truly to being open to what Christ wants of me, I would be willing for Him to correct me, focus me, bring me about to being the Christian He truly wants me to be, so that I can bring forth even more fruit. I know that Christ has been leading me out of my comfort zone, so I need to be prayerful about the direction He is leading me....

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: