Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

It Was Just Two Pieces of Pizza...

Exodus 16:18 And when they did mete it with an omer, he that gathered much [manna] had nothing over, and he that gathered little had no lack; they gathered every man according to his eating.

I like the way God provided for the Israelite's as they wandered in the wilderness for 40 years. The part that always catches my eye is that God made it so those who were greedy and gathered more than they should have, didn't have more than they needed. On the other hand, those who gathered an insufficient amount had exactly enough.  Christ takes care of us in all situations, if we let Him!

Well, the day after downing the last of the Corn Chowder that I talked about in the previous post, I baked a pizza that my husband had brought home. I sliced it down the middle vertically and across the middle horizontally. Both my husband and I had two pieces of pizza, but did I mention how much that adds up to? Since this just came through my fingertips, I figured I better find out just how many calories there are. Well, the internet says that there are 250 calories in an 1/8 pizza slice. Since my two pieces really totaled a half pizza, I have to multiply that amount by 4. That's 1,000 calories for the two pieces of medium pizza I ate for dinner. Also, each 1/8 slice of pizza has 10 grams of fat, but I have to multiply that by 4, as well for a total of 40 grams of fat. Wow!

This is an eye-opener. Unfortunately, I've eaten this many times before, telling myself, "Well, you're only eating two pieces of pizza." Yeah, Right!!!!!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: