Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Be Not Afraid...

Matthew 14:27 But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.

Since all this social distancing with the COVID 19 virus orders, I have spent many nights awake. It's enough to drive a person to eat the door knobs off, but instead Christ has given me The Peace Which Passes All Understanding and it hasn't affected my eating. That's how I know it came from Christ and not from something I'm doing. I know under a normal situation where this much stress is present, I would be looking for something to snack on, something to eat, with a constant gnawing at my stomach.  I used to think that it was that I was just really hungry, but Christ has shown me over the 30+ years since He allowed me to loose over 80 pounds and keep the vast majority of it off, that those gnawing feelings are stress.

So when I'm in bed lying there late at night pondering what I need to next to prepare for all of this, Christ reminds me just like He did the disciples when Jesus walked up to them on the water, "Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid." He lets me know that He will be with me throughout COVID 19 and He doesn't want me to get caught up in worrying if this is "my time" or not. We aren't supposed to know that. We are just to know that Christ is our Savior and will be with us through thick and thin. If, at some point, it is "my time," and He wants me to join Him, so be it. 

Until that point, I need to be focusing on Jesus instead of fear, because that's how Satan tries to work a wedge in our relationship with our Savior. When I am fearful, it's like I'm saying, "Christ, I don't really trust you to take care of me and to be there with me no matter what happens." That's definitely not the message I want to be giving our Savior!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: