Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Didn't Listen and Zipped Through This Passage

Luke 17: 3 Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him. 4 And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him. 

All too many times, I didn't listen and zipped through this passage. I mentally said, "O.K. I know that I'm supposed to forgive others, but did I really do that?" Well, if the truth be told, I went through the motions of forgiving others, but didn't totally.
Maybe I forgave people of some things, but I can remember the frustration and pain I felt every time someone made a negative comment about my weight over the years.

I still remember a relative who came up to me, about 40 years ago and told me that I looked like I was gaining weight. I thought that was such an insensitive thing to tell me. Didn't that person think that I had eyes and could tell that I was gaining weight? Didn't that person realize that was a hurtful thing to share with me? Didn't that person realize that I have more value than what my physical size was?

It's time I let go of this, because this person passed away a few years after that comment. The sad thing is that I have let the negative things people that people have said to me over the years, tell me who I am and what my worth is. Jesus Christ shows me I am of much more value than my size. He loved me enough to give His life for me no matter whether I was thin, heavy, or somewhere in between. He did the same for you, so we need to both forgive those who have said insensitive things to us in the past and become the person Christ knows we can be!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: