Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Late Night Planning-Social Distancing

Matthew 11: 28 Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.

I thought this Bible Passage was very fitting, because it says, "and I will give you rest." I found that after I got up to use the facilities at night, I had a difficult time going back to sleep. It's not so much that I was worried, because I trust Christ to be there with me through thick and thin, but I was trying to plan what I should be doing to prepare for the Social Distancing.

I tried to prepare supplies for being primarily home-bound for two weeks while to help eradicate this terrible COVID 19. It wasn't long until I was hearing conflicting amounts of time for before this virus ran its course. 

I had to figure out what we might need if this Social Distancing period lasts longer that was originally suggested. I realized that I needed to pay attention to the medical professionals instead of those who were guessing or stating what they hoped it would be like. In doing so, I realized that the supplies I had prepared wouldn't be enough to last the duration. This is what led to my late night pondering. I was trying to figure out what I needed to get or do in order to be prepared. At a point, I had to realize that I had to stop stressing over making sure that I did everything correctly and that staying awake at night was counterproductive. I was not as patient as I would have normally been and I was letting this take a toll on me and my relationships with others. Fortunately, Jesus has wonderful reassuring passages like this in the Bible that remind us that we need to turn to Him in times of crisis, and at all other times.  Matthew 11: 28 Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.


Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: