Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Late Night Ponderings During COVID 19

John 14: 27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Too many nights I have gotten up to use the facilities, but could not get back to sleep. It isn't that I was afraid that I might catch COVID 19, because I believe that I am in Christ's hands and He will take me when He wants me to join Him in heaven and not a minute before.

I would spend the biggest portion of the night trying to figure out what I should be doing. What do I need to do to make all my supplies to last for the ever-changing end date of Social Distancing? What should I be doing to better prepare for hunkering down for a longer period than expected? What will happen to our society if this virus continues like this, etc.

I was prayerful about all the nights where I couldn't get back to sleep. The thing that Christ had on my heart was that I was watching far too many things about COVID 19 and it was bombarding my night thinking trying to process it all. He reminded me of what my mother wisely told me after my being in tears weeks after 9/11. She told me to quit watching it over and over again. After having that put on my heart, I realized that I had watched the Official Press Releases five days in a row and they were pretty intensive, in scope. On top of that, we were going to alternate News programs within the day to see if more had happened, and then we'd watch our favorite News programs in the evening. The plan that has worked is that we no longer watch the Official Press Releases, but we wait until our evening News programs and get the highlights of the press releases. It has made a world of difference and I've gotten five nights of sleep. Yeah! John 14: 27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: