Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

A Significant Bible Passage When There are Food Shortages

Exodus 16:18 And when they did mete it with an omer, he that gathered much [manna] had nothing over, and he that gathered little had no lack; they gathered every man according to his eating. 

Christ never promised me steak each night and a latte. During times of food shortages, I need to focus on whether I am getting the basics. Maybe, I will have soup four nights in a row followed by beans, but those are the basics. The Israelites in the wilderness, didn't have lots of variety. They had manna and manna and manna each day. 

Special hint about beans. They are not a complete protein, in and of themselves. You need to have some type of carbohydrate with them like rice, bread, crackers, cornbread, etc. When you eat even a little of one of these products with beans, it does make it a complete protein providing what you need to keep your body strong and healthy provided you are watching social distancing and washing your hands lots.

Sure the Israelites wished for something else instead of manna each day. In fact, they started complaining about how they wished they stayed in Egypt where they had cucumber, melons, leeks, onions and garlic, paraphrased from (Number 5:5), but they were especially wanted meat. Moses shared with God how overwhelmed he was by all their complaining for meat, etc.  Then God told Moses to share with the people: "You shall eat [quail], not one day, nor two days, nor five days, nor ten days, nor twenty days, but for a whole month, unit it comes out of your nostrils and becomes loathsome to you, because you have despised the Lord who is among you, and have wept before Him, saying, 'Why did we ever come up out of Egypt?' " Numbers 11:19-20. I personally, have to work on being more grateful for all that God provides for me during this time of food shortages, instead of wishing for steak and lattes. 

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: