Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Be Still and Know that I am God!

Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth! Psalm 46:10

God has been showing me lots of things about myself lately. Some good, and lots not so good! I've become complacent with things. I take my weight loss that was a blessing from God for granted. I take my relationship with others for granted. I am easily impatient with others, but rarely am prayerful about it first.

It feels like it is all catching up with me today! I had to lay down and have some quiet time with God to prayerfully contemplate all of this. That's the reason that I happen to know now that this has to do with taking so many things, including my relationship with God for granted.

It saddens me to think this, because I love my relationship with Christ my Lord and Savior, but sadly, I've been taking that for granted, as well. I'm not sure how I got off track, since I didn't even realize I was taking all of these for granted. Of course, that is part and parcel of the whole issue! This lets me know I'm not appreciating my relationships with Christ and others the way I should. I'm not appreciating the many blessings that God has bestowed on me like good health, family, etc. 

I just feel torn about this and don't want to be at a distance from my Lord and Savior, nor do I want to be at a distance from anyone else in my life. I'm trying to be prayerful about the changes I need to make and feel overwhelmed and don't know what to do. Then, I ran across this Bible verse: Be Still and Know that I am God! If Christ has me becoming aware of where I've gotten off the right track, if I am prayerful to follow His guidance, He will get me back on track! He can do anything! He is God!

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: