Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Exercise and Social Distancing

Luke 11: 9 And I say unto you, Ask and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. 10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened

My husband and I used to go to exercise class twice a week. On the alternating days, he would go to water aerobics twice a week, while I only went once a week, because I had other commitments. We used to walk a mile in the grocery stores, most days.

I had gone to a facility across town that told how many laps you had to do to equal a mile. I walked it with my pedometer to find out how many of my steps it took to equal a mile. Then, I went to several different grocery stores that were closer to my house. I had my pedometer in hand to see how many laps around the inside edges of the store to equal the mile we usually walked. One store, it took 7 laps. Another store, it took 7 1/2, which means you needs to walk 8 laps, because your laps were though when you were half-way across the store. The one that I really liked was the big store, where I was only 32 steps short of a mile when I walked twice around the store, including the outside and inside garden sections. I figured that we walked, at least 16 steps into the store and 16 steps out. We would walk one direction for the first lap and turn and walk the opposite direction for the second lap. We figured that it was more balanced on our hips, because we weren't making only left turns or only right turns. We could walk inside if it was hot, cold, windy, or rainy outside.

It worked out so well, until Social Distancing and we couldn't go to stores to walk any more. Well, we could have, but it wouldn't have been a wise choice under the situation. I didn't know what I was going to do, because it's so important to stay physically fit, plus my injured foot tightens up when I don't walk regularly. Being prayerful, Christ gave me the idea to ask my step-son, who was visiting just prior to the Social Distancing orders, and my son-in-law, if they could fix the TV in the room where I had the used treadmill that I rarely used, because the TV wasn't working right. It was pretty boring just looking at the wall when I walked, so I rarely used it. Fortunately for me, they fixed it just weeks before the Social Distancing orders came through. Now, both my husband and I are able to use the treadmill and watch TV, so that we both stay physically fit during the Social Distancing. Jesus told us in: Luke 11: And I say unto you, Ask and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. 10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened


Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: