Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

The True Bread of Life

John 6: 47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on Me hath everlasting life. 48 I am that bread of life.

I picked this particular Bible passage, because it dealt with bread. My friend and I go to lunch or brunch once a month. We sent texts this morning trying to decide where to go to eat. I told her that we hadn't been to a particular salad bar in a long time and I'd like to go there, if she didn't mind.

We were going to meet up earlier than I had anticipated, so I quickly ate some cottage cheese and crushed pineapple in its own juice for breakfast. I got to thinking that I didn't eat a "bread" with breakfast. Then, I realized that I didn't usually eat a "bread" or other bread-like carbs at the salad bar. I got to day-dreaming about how I wanted to spend the two breads. (Sometimes, I think of my daily allotment of three breads per day as a type of a "bread" checking account.) Then, I realized that having Chicken with Wild Rice Soup in a Bread Bowl along with a small salad sounded really good. I checked with my friend and she agreed to go.

Well, I ate the middle plug of the bread bowl while dipping it in my soup. I ate some of the edges of the bread bowl, as well, but there was a lot left. I contemplated eating it, because I don't get to do go there often, when Christ reminded me that I don't have to eat all of something just because it's there. He always gives me the right instincts, but unfortunately, I don't always listen, although I wish I did. I'm so glad I listened this time, because I wasn't overly full like I would have been if I had eaten the whole bread bowl, plus between the rice and the amount of bread I had already eaten, I really had used up my two "breads" that I had coming to me. Besides, Christ is the true bread of life and I shouldn't be making food and eating such a priority in my life.


Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: