Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Is Anything Too Hard for the Lord?

Is anything too hard for the Lord? Genesis 18:first have of verse 14.

 As you may already know, Christ blessed me with a weight loss of 80+ pounds and has allowed the vast majority of that weight loss to stay off for over 40 years. Periodically, I prayerfully contemplate all of this. The weight loss wasn't due to something I did. In fact, I was giving up! I sat on the bed a prayed to God telling Him that I give up on the diets and trying to be thin, because I couldn't do it. [I had tried for most of my life and nothing worked for long. Actually, of all the many, many diets I tried, of those that worked at all, I ended up gaining more weight than I lost.]

I told God, as I sat on the bed that day, "If you ever want me to be thin, Lord, You'll have to do it, because I can't." I didn't expect anything to happen, but it did. That very same day, the Lord God took away my cravings for sugar, excess food, and lots of carbs. It was just gone. I realize it defies all explanation, but God's the one who allowed this miraculous blessing. Over the time of the weight loss, He had lots of lessons for me. One of the major ones was that He showed me that food had become too important in my life. When I was stressed, happy, worried, etc. I would eat to console myself instead of turning to my Lord and Savior. Food had become a false god to me and I hadn't even realized it. I learned that when I'm feeling tempted to eat things I shouldn't or to eat for no reason, there is probably something I'm stressed about and I need to turn it over to Christ's very capable hands...and He gives me a calm feeling, knowing that Christ is there with me through the good and the bad and everything in between!

Anyway, sometimes when I prayerfully ponder all of this, I am so amazed by the blessing that Christ did for me. How can that be? Why? When I read this Bible passage, it reminds me: "Is anything too hard for the Lord?" If He can do that me, He can do that for you too, if you let Him!


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: