Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Baking During COVID-19

My husband has a sweet tooth and was used to eating lots of store bought goodies. I never quite understood that, because I always felt home-made baked items was much better, but that's what he liked. Additionally, I'm not so tempted by store baked items that can sit on the shelves for 16 years and still taste fresh, so I didn't complain.

Then, there was the food shortage during COVID-19 and we couldn't get all the goodies that my husband liked to eat, so I started baking. When Christ took away the urge to eat large quantities of food over 30 years ago, He also showed me which foods and amounts were good for me and which weren't. I especially can't have items with refined sugar, because I'm Hypoglycemic and it messes with my blood sugar and I get cranky when my blood sugar crashes after a sugar high.

With Christ's guidance, I generally stay clear of desserts and treats, but I threw everything off kilter when I started baking treats for my husband, because of the food shortage. I have found myself wavering some, in that I tell myself that I need to taste a small serving of whatever I've made to make sure it tastes good enough to share with others. As you know, I've been deluding myself, because that is putting sugar into my blood stream, even though it may not be a large amount of it. In the last post, I let you know that I tasted a large crumb of a cookie that was dried out and it made me want to eat the whole container of them. Christ is showing me that I'm taking undue risks that have the potential to lead me in a counterproductive direction. Writing these posts are helpful, because writing the previous post and this one, show me that I am taking risky chances. I need to ask Christ to be in control of my food, body, eating and stress, like I asked Him over 30 years ago. He took care of then and will now, if I let Him!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: