Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Trying to Give the Straight Scoop

 "You shall not add to the word which I command you, nor take from it, that you may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you." Deuteronomy 4:2

This passage is important in me, because it reminds me that I always need to give viewers the Straight Scoop! My 80+ pound weight loss and keeping the vast majority of it off didn't come by me or trying harder to stick to some diet. It is all a blessing from God. One day, I sat down and prayed telling God that I was giving up and if He ever wanted me to thin, He'd have to do it Himself, because I couldn't. I was really giving up on dieting and didn't expect anything to happen, but it did starting that very same day. 

This didn't happen because of what a good Christian am. I am sinful and God continues to show me my many shortcomings. Fortunately, He does so, because He gets me refocused on what He wants me to do! I'm not kidding! I had gotten into a bad habit of snacking after dinner, but I wasn't praying about it. One day I did pray about it, but Christ had it on my heart through several different situations that I'm not supposed to do that any more. At first, I thought it was because of the particular thing that I wanted to snack, but it wasn't. This has happened consistently over the last week regardless of what I wanted to snack. Of course, fruits and veggies weren't what I was craving. I found I was frustrated with God, because I REALLY wanted to snack, which is pretty scary! That means I have gotten back into the bad habit of turning to food to comfort me during stressful times which makes it a false god, instead of putting all my stress and concerns into Christ's very capable hands.

He showed me this many years ago, but I was letting those lessons go by the wayside. I used to know that when I want to eat, regardless of whether I'm hungry or not, was usually a sign that I needed to have some quiet time with Christ guiding me about what I was stressing over. Obviously, I need to pay attention to that again! I'm not perfect, but fortunately God takes the time to refocus me again and again and again and again. That's the Straight Scoop!


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: