Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Feel Like I Am Sinking in Quicksand...

Luke 6: 48 He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

 There are times of stress in my life and where I turn, determines the foundation of my house.  I have lots of options, some are healthier than others, but only one will secure the foundation of my house!

When I'm stressed, one of my common ways of dealing with it is to stay so busy I am unaware that I'm even stressed. It's often in times like this, I feel compelled to eat everything in sight, as if I have this gnawing, empty feeling down in the pit of my stomach. This method hasn't been productive for me, although I've used it quite a bit over the years.

Sometimes when I'm stressed, I will talk to friends to help me determine the best route to go. The problem is, friends have different points of view, all of which I seem to identify with. It has ended up when I ask the advice of friends, I just end up confused and even more stressed.

Sometimes, when there's a conflict with a person, I've talked to them about it. This is generally productive, although most times, they have no idea what I'm talking about. Usually, I've thought I've offended someone who is oblivious to this and I've made it more awkward by asking them about it, but it does resolve my stress.

What I find that works best is to lie down on my bed and have some quiet time with God away from TV, the household chores, and any other distractors. It gives me a chance to be open to God's direction, because He always sees the Big Picture. He always knows the best way to resolve issues that I might have eaten over, otherwise. When I am truly prayerful and listen to the still small voice of God and the instincts He gives me on the matter, I have a peace that is indescribable. My life goes so much better when I turn to God rather than turning to food, TV, being overly busy, and turning to friends, for God provides a firm foundation for me when I feel like I'm sinking in quicksand.
He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock. Luke 6:48

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: