Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Faith and Hope...

For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? Romans 8:24

I read this verse and was confused, at first. Then, I realized that when I prayed for God to heal my food, body, eating, and stress years ago, I didn't know He would actually do it, but He did. I was hoping He would take care of it, but I'm not sure my faith was as strong as it should have been, because I was basically giving up the idea of ever losing the weight, at the time of this particular prayer.

I think that some of us in our faith that Christ will be with us through thick and thin, want to see the proof first of exactly how Christ is going to take care of us. What is He going to do and when? But that really isn't faith/hope, is it when everything is already spelled out for us?

It's difficult for me, at times, because even though Christ has shown me so many, many times how perfectly He takes care of me and my families' needs, I still find myself reverting back to trying to have Christ show me exactly how, when, and what He is going to do. I need to be much more humble and realize that Christ will show me in His timing, not mine!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: