Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Prayerfully Debating What Is Next...

John 15: 5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in Me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without Me ye can do nothing. 6 If a man abide not in Me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them , and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. 

This Bible passage is a continuation of the Bible passage I wrote about in the last post which was John 15: 1 I am the true vine, and My Father is the husbandman. 2 Every branch in Me that beareth not fruit He taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, He purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. Both passages have to do with bringing forth much fruit for Christ and I am prayerfully debating what He wants me to do next. In the last three or four months, I've felt Christ has, at different times, led me to end posting on some of my Christian blogs and empower readers to click on the post links to topics that appeal to them. 

I've felt each time this is to free me up to focus on the Biblical Research I've felt led to do. I've gotten the feeling that I'm supposed to take and analyze different Biblical inconsistencies and see if they are even significant. It's scary and exciting all at the same time, but I pray my way through. I share this Biblical Research on the Relate2theBible Podcast found at https://anchor.fm/debra-seiling also on most podcast sites. I post these research projects on Do Biblical Inconsistencies Really Matter? at https://Biblicalinconsistencies.blogspot.com/ and Biblical Proof! at https://BiblicalProof.blogspot.com The thing is, I'm not sure whether He wants to purge more to bring forth even more fruit.

Last night, I was prayerfully contemplating some of this. I felt certain that I was to continue posting on the Christian Overeaters Past and Present Blog. I may have been rationalizing things, but thought it was important for blog readers to see that Christ has been by my side throughout the time since He allowed me to lose over 80 pounds 30+ years ago. That's when I started calculating and realized that it is now 40 years ago that He had done this. Thinking through this, it was 40 1/2 years ago when I gave up and told God that if He ever wanted me to be thin, He'd have to do it, because I was giving up! That was the very same day that things miraculously changed in my life! I think that's because that's the first time I gave up control of my life and turned it over to Jesus. He showed me that my focus on food had become a false god in my life and that I had been turning to it for comfort in times of stress, etc. instead of turning to Christ and putting it in His very capable hands. Yesterday, I thought it was so important to continue these posts for you to see He never gives up on me even when I start to fall back into old routines, He helps refocus me. I am, right now, learning that this will be the last blog post. You can get the vast majority of the posts links from this blog at Christian Overeaters Past and Present Support at https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/ Please help me with this next phase of producing fruit for Christ and share these blog links with those who might benefit. Thanks! Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: