Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Envy, What's It Get You?

Galatians 5: 26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

I can't tell you how many times I've envied others. I wish I were as thin as, pretty as, had hair like, or dressed like someone else. But what does envy get you?  Well, when I'm being honest about it, it gets me nothing positive. It's like I'm telling myself that I'm not good enough. I'm saying that these things or attributes are what it takes to make me happy, to make me feel worthwhile.

Beyond this, I'm realizing that it sends a terrible message to Christ. It's not showing Him how thankful I am for all He's done for me. It's like I'm saying, "Christ, I know you've allowed me to keep off the vast majority of the 80 pound weight loss for over 30 years, but if You made me pretty like this other person, or give me the hair like theirs, or allow me to dress like them, then I'd feel happy and worthwhile. 

In fact, I'm realizing as I write this, that it invalidates all that Christ has already done for me and makes me, in fact, very ungrateful. That's definitely not what I want to be. I need to make sure I am more prayerful about being envious of others, although I never realized until this moment that it's an issue in my life. Sometimes, these blog posts are extremely beneficial to me, because it makes me re-evaluate my actions and what they really say to Christ.


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: