Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Explaining to the Doctor

2 Timothy 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began.

I had to go for a physical today. The doctor mentioned that my weight had gone down. He asked me if something had happened to cause the weight loss or if I had been trying to lose the weight. It didn't seem right to just skirt around the whole topic.

I tried to tell him that normally with all the stress with COVID-19, I would have turned to eating, but that's not what happened. Christ had calmed me down and instead of eating over the stress, I have a sense of peace that He's given me. 

He listened, to what I said, but continued to try to make sure that no negative health issue had caused me to lose the ten or so pounds. I realize that's part of his job, but I don't think he understood what I was saying or he was minimizing it. Either way, it's not my place to prove it to him. I just needed to share the truth with him and what he does with it, is up to him.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: