Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Some of the Benefits for Us

I told you in a prior post about how I stressed when reports of sheltering in place would cross the News screen some months ago. I was prayerful about what we would eat if we couldn't go to the store very often. The idea I was given is to have a crock pot of beans which lasts us two nights and a pot of soup later in the week, which lasts us two nights, as well. That only leaves us three other nights where we have regular foods

Since we started implementing this plan, not only has my stress gone down, but that my husband and I have both been losing weight. I wasn't particularly wasn't trying to lose weight, although I was about 20 pounds over my ideal weight. 

Years ago, Christ showed me that eating food and planning about food had become a false god to me. I was turning to food to comfort me when I was stressed and not turning to Christ to comfort me. When He drew this to my attention and I turned my eating and my stress over to His capable hands, He allowed me to lose 80+ pounds and to keep the vast majority of it off for over 30 years. Part of this blessing was becoming comfortable with my body, however it is and not obsessing about food. I was surprised to find that the eating plan during COVID-19 that I had prayed about, has helped us get down to a healthier weight without really trying.  

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: