Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Living Peaceably with Others

Romans 12: 18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

It appears to me that there are so many in society which appear to be angry, almost if they are holding a grudge against others for political views that might differ from theirs, etc. It saddens me to see this so commonly in society.

I have to evaluate whether I'm responding the right ways to this. Am I eating over the tension this creates and angst I see in others or am I doing my best to live peaceably with others? Well, I can't say that I haven't eaten over this, but I want to turn that stress eating over to Christ's very capable hands. If He allowed me to lose over 80 pounds and to keep the vast majority of it off for over 30 years, He wouldn't want me to revert back to stress eating over these issues or any other, for that matter!

I need to be prayerful when I'm among others who have strong negative opinions. It's hard to interject positive comments to provide balance in the conversation, at times, because it makes some of these people angrier. That increases my stress levels. I realized a week ago, that when someone shared something positive with me, it made my day much better. I felt led to create a new blog called: Share the Joy Blog at https:SharetheJoyBlog.blogspot.com/  where we can share things that give us joy. Hopefully, reading positive things will help counter act all the negative we hear and see in society and in the media. It's really meant for others to share things that give them joy, but no one has commented, yet, but it's not been out for long. Additionally, I need to continue to be prayerful on a daily basis about being the person Christ wants me to be when with those who are angry or are saying negative things.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: