Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Noticed the Big Bulge on the Upper Part of My Arms Isn't as Significant

1 Peter 4: 1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin: 2 That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.

Christ did free me from turning to food as a false god over thirty years ago! When I was stressed, worried, bored, happy, etc. I turned to food, until He showed me that I was turning to food at these times instead of turning to Him. This realization made a major difference in my faith and in my body.

Once I started turning to Christ during these times, I didn't feel like eating the door knobs off every time I was stressed, etc. He allowed me an 80+ pound weight loss and to keep the vast majority of it off for over 30 years. 

During this time of the COVID 19 Pandemic, Christ has given me the Peace Which Passes All Understanding and I haven't felt like eating to excess, like I normally would have during a stressful time like this. I noticed recently that the big bulge on the upper part of my arms isn't as significant as it had been. I attribute that to Christ for calming my fears in the midst of 90 million news shows and press releases related to COVID 19, although He's showed me that I have to limit how much I watch them. He's there for me in the good times and the not so great!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: