Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Had Really Lost Weight!

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

It had been kind of stressful watching all the News programs and special press releases each day giving updates about the COVID 19 Pandemic. I was awake late at night, not because I was afraid of the virus or the possibility that I might die. I believe that Christ won't take me one minute before He intends for me to join Him, so there is no reason to worry about that. 

Actually, I was up in the night trying to figure out what I needed to do next. What types of things did I need to do to be prepared. Which food items and products did I need to get to be prepared for a long stay at home. Fortunately, Christ was watching over me! He gave me the feeling that I should stop watching every News report and press release throughout the day on the COVID 19 Pandemic. Now, we tend to primarily watch the Lester Holt and PBS News, which gives us enough info to stay updated, but not so much that it keeps me up at nights.

In addition to doing that, I realized that Christ had given me the Peace Which Passes All Understanding. Under normal situations, something like this could have sent me in an eating frenzy. I realize that I haven't done anything like that in a long time, but every now and then, I start to slip back into old patterns. Fortunately for me, Christ has a way of reminding me that I was slip-sliding done a slippery slope. During this Social Distancing, it's been different. At first, I thought the bulge on my upper arms were not as predominate. Then, I realized that my underwear seems loose. After that, I found out that PJ's that used to cut into my side, because the elastic was too tight, were no longer cutting in. I rarely get on the scale, because it's easy to get caught up in letting the scale tell you who you are depending on whether your weight went up or down. I prayed about it first and weighed and it showed I had lost some weight. I prayed again in the morning before getting on the scale again to verify this. I feel Christ's having me loose an appropriate amount of weight in the midst of Social Distancing is His way of showing me that He will be there with me through thick and thin. He's there for you, too. Just turn to Him in all things and pray for Him to help you have the willingness even when it's difficult to turn to Him.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: