Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

The Waistband is Not Cutting Into My Side

1 Peter 1: 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to His abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. 4 to an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you.

In the last three or four months, sometimes in the evening, I had this terrible pain in my left side. What I discovered was that the PJ bottoms I wore were cutting into my side. In order to alleviate the pain, I would tuck the PJ top into the bottoms, so it added some extra padding which helped some. At first, I thought that there was something medically wrong, because the pain was pretty severe. When this happened the next couple of times, I realized that it only happened when I wore this particular pair of PJ's. That made me realize that either they shrunk or I had gained weight and the elastic on the PJ bottoms was cutting into my side because they were too small. 

I had stopped wearing those PJ's but put them on earlier this week, because some of my others were in the wash. I was surprised to find out that they didn't cut into my side. It verified my thought that I had possibly lost some weight. It's amazing that would happen in the midst of Social Distance due to the COVID 19 Pandemic. Normally, under other circumstances, I would have eat myself silly with the stress. Fortunately, over 30 years ago, Christ showed me that when I turned to food in times of stress, it had become a false god, because I was turning to it instead of to Him. 

Once I started turning my life, food, eating, and stress over to Christ's very capable hands, He allowed me to have a 30 pound weight loss and to keep the vast majority of it off for over 30 years. I had gained back about 20 pounds over the years, but Christ showed me that He still has my back even during the COVID 19 Pandemic and it's just as important, as ever, to keep turning to Him with all my stress. He reminded me of this when I realized that my PJ's no longer were too tight. He can do the same for you. Turn to Christ in all things, even the COVID 19 stress, He will be there for you!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: