Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Trying to Sneakily Remove the Guilt

 Are there any among the idols of the nations that can cause rain? Or can the heavens give showers? Are You not He, O Lord our God? Therefore we will wait for You, Since You have made all of these. Jeremiah 14:22

As I have said in other posts, God showed me that food had become a false god, because I was turning to food for comfort in times of stress rather than putting things in Christ's very capable hands. Well, the thing is, I wanted to have a snack the other evening. It wasn't that I was hungry, because while I was eating, I was devising it in my mind to have a snack afterward.

Trying to pretend I was justified in eating the peanuts, I prayed about it and asked God if it was O.K. for me to share the bag of peanuts with my husband after we eat and if it isn't, to not let my husband agree to eating them with me. 

I so cleverly staged this so sneakily trying to remove the guilt. When I asked my husband, he really didn't feel in the mood to eat the peanuts. Actually, God had answered my prayer to let me know by my husband's response, whether it was O.K. for me to eat the peanuts or not.

I got my answer, but I found that I was feeling frustrated with my husband who didn't give me the response I had wanted. What that tells me is that God is showing me that food is starting to become too important in my life again if I'm plotting ways to snack and being frustrated with my husband over food. Even though God allowed the majority of this weight loss to stay off all these years, I still slip back into old patterns. Fortunately for me, Christ sees what I am doing and helps to refocus me!!!




Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: