Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Never Want to Go Back to the Way It Was

Mark 15:28 And the scripture was fulfilled, which saith, And He was numbered with the transgressors. 

This Bible verse is talking about when they nailed Jesus, our Lord and Savior, on the cross with a criminal  on either side.  I was thinking that even in His death, Christ was in the midst of other sinners, although He was sinless, but chose to suffer the punishment of sinners, so that those who love Him could join Him in heaven.

Well, as a person with compulsive overeating tendencies, I am very aware of my sinful nature. Fortunately for me, Christ showed me many years ago that when I turn to food in times of stress or joy, I was making food a false god in my life. I had been turning to food for consolation instead of turning to Christ. This made a major difference in my life, the likes I can not fully express.

Not only did Christ allow me a 80+ pound weight loss, with the vast majority of it staying off for over 30 years, but He changed my life in so many ways. In addition to the weight loss, Christ gave me a sense of peace that is there with me through the day, especially when I start my mornings out with prayer and reading from my Bible daily. This has made a monumental difference in the way my days start out and I never want to go back to the way they used to be!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: