Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

When I'm My Own Worst Enemy

He delivereth me from mine enemies: yea, Thou liftest me up above those that rise up against me: Thou hast delivered me from the violent man. Psalm 18:48

When I just read this passage, it meant something totally different to me. What about when I'm my own worst enemy, which is often the case? I sabotage my eating, but buying things that I know I shouldn't have. We went to the State Fair. I got some Kettle Corn, something I learned to like about 7 or 8 years ago, when I should know better.

Sure, you should be able to indulge from time to time, but I have Hypoglycemia and sugar really affects my blood sugar which usually makes me cranky when the sugar wears off.  For the most part, I really try to avoid things with refined sugar for that reason,but didn't do it at the fair. Had I forgotten how it might affect me? No, I thought about it, but decided to get it anyway. At first, I got two small bags, thinking I would give one of the small bags to a relative who loves it, as well. It wasn't fifteen minutes before I was at the stand asking if I could trade the two smaller bags of Kettle Corn for a larger one, but pay the difference. They were very gracious about making the trade, but I shouldn't have done it.

I knew how the sugar in the Kettle Corn could affect me and now I had lots of it. I thought I was clever when I made lots of air popped popcorn and mixed the two kinds together in a large paper bag. Sure, there was less sugar in the Kettle Corn, but there was so much of it. I gave a big bowl to my husband and had a big bowl myself. I knew I shouldn't, but I felt delighted in my clever plan to minimize the effects of the sugar by mixing it with air popped popped corn.

My plan back fired on me! My husband didn't eat any of it. Did that stop me from eating all of my large bowl of Kettle Corn? No, but I prayed and asked for God's guidance. He had me realize that I would end up eating all of that big bag of Kettle Corn by myself and how it could affect me. After lots of prayer and struggle with giving it away, I bagged it all up to give to the family member to share with their family. Sometimes I'm my own worst enemy, especially when I don't listen to the instincts that Christ gives me! He delivereth me from mine enemies: yea, Thou liftest me up above those that rise up against me: Thou hast delivered me from the violent man. Psalm 18:48


Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: