Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

An Apple a Day...

Romans 6: 22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. 23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

I actually picked this Bible verse, because it has the word fruit in it to tie in with my topic, but I really like what it says about become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

I mainly wanted to tell you about how during the stressors of this pandemic, Christ has taken the urge to eat large amounts of food away from me. Instead, when I still feel hungry after a meal, usually at lunch time, I get an apple or two. It has become my healthy standby for times like this.

On the other hand, I have to make sure that I always have plenty of apples available, but I'm still talking about fruit. What I need to say is that it is Christ who gives me His Peace Which Passes All Understanding which gets me through these difficult times. I know that Jesus won't take me to join Him two minutes before I'm supposed to, so there really isn't any reason to worry. He will be by my side throughout this pandemic and the rest of my life. Does that mean I get to skip social distancing or wearing masks? No! He doesn't want me to take undue risks any more than He wants me to run out into the middle of the street, expecting Him to stop the cars from hitting me. This isn't a time for Him to prove He loves me, because He already did that when He gave His life for me on the cross and rose again, so that I can have salvation with Him in heaven someday, when He's ready for me!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: