Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Just a Bite of Oatmeal Cookie...

Over 30 years ago, Christ took away my cravings for excessive overeating, but every now and then, I make a choice where I stand at the edge of slipping back into old patterns. I had tried all types of diets and some of them, several times, but never lost much weight and gained that back plus some in short order!

I got to the point that I decided that I just need to give up the thought of ever being thin, so I prayed telling God that if He ever wanted me to be thin, He'd have to do it, because I was giving up!!! The funny thing is, that very day, Christ took away my urge to overeat large amounts of food and types that my body didn't handle well, especially desserts, carbs, and ice cream! I am very blessed that He has allowed the vast majority of the weight to stay off all this time, but as I said, there are times where I stand at the edge.

The night before last, I found that my husband hadn't been eating the Oatmeal Pecan Raisin Cookies I had made for him. He had left them out on top of the fridge and I had to remind him that when I make cookies from scratch, they don't have all the preservatives like store bought ones do, so they won't be lasting 16 years and might dry out. With that said, the following day, he hadn't eaten one, so I ate a large chunk that had broken off of one. Of course, it was to see if they had dried out or if they had started to taste bad-at least, that's what I told myself. When I ate that piece of cookie, it was dried out, but tasted so wonderful. I could have eaten the whole batch of cookies all by myself. I was tempted, but went to my husband and explained that if he dips his fingers into water and sprinkles the cookies and nukes them for about 20-30 seconds, it refreshes them. I stood on that edge for so long and could feel that sugar rush, even with that chunk of cookie. Fortunately, I put it in Christ's very capable hands and explained to my husband that if he no longer wants them, I'm going to need to throw them out, because I don't want them to tempt me. Usually things like that don't get to me anymore, but I don't usually eat a bite of them. It lets me know how tempting and destructive one little bite of something can be to my resolve. Fortunately, Christ refocuses me when I start debating making choices that could lead me to slip-sliding back into old patterns.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: