Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Tortilla Chips During COVID-19

I've I said in other posts, when I turned my food, body, eating and stress over to Christ's capable hands over 30 years ago, He allowed me to lose 80 plus pounds and for the vast majority of it to stay off all these years.

Instead of my trying to be in control of my eating and weight loss like I did all those years prior to this, Christ guided me and showed me which things I could eat and not eat and in what amounts. An example is that I found out that I can't eat things with refined sugar, especially ice cream. That's because I'm Hypoglycemic and the sugar raises my blood sugar really high, especially after eating ice cream, but then drops it really low usually the next day and I get really cranky when my sugar levels crash! After trying this more times than I'd like to admit, I've come to the conclusion to not eat, or hardly ever eat ice cream or other foods high in refined sugar, because they make me cranky with the ones around me, which are usually the people I care most about.

In addition, I was shown that my body handles up to three servings of breads: 1 slice of bread, pizza, pasta, baked potato, rice, etc. When I eat more than that very often, my body gains weight, so I generally try to pay attention to my serving limits...but... during COVID-19, I was eating cottage cheese and crushed pineapple in water for lunch. I realized that I hadn't eaten a bread and got to have a serving. I was trying to think about what I wanted and decided to have some tortilla chips for my bread. Did I do it within reason? No, I ate a third of the bag. I let myself get carried away with this instead of measuring out a servings worth of the tortilla chips. I have to put this and other lapses of judgment into Christ's very capable hands and He will take care of it, if I let Him! 

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: