Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

It Was Just Cherries, Right???

James 2: 14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, 16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? 17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

In the last couple of posts, I've written how I was tempted to keep the cherries I was given rather than share them with someone who was ill. After struggling with that more than I should have had to, I was given more cherries a couple of days later. I found myself gorging on those, although I did divide the big container of cherries in half for two days.

Well, on two separate occasions, of late, I have found that my pants were tighter than usual. Today, I was going to lunch with a friend and found the blouse I put on was too tight in the sleeves. Also, I couldn't even button one button on the over blouse. I ended up changing and put on another top instead.

Prayerfully contemplating all of this, I had to be honest with myself. I could no longer just say, "It was just cherries, it's only fruit." Sure I could have a cupful of cherries and it would have probably caused no further repercussions, but to gorge myself on cherries for two evenings, was quite a different things. Yes, they are fruit. Yes, they have fiber. Yes, they are far better for you than a processed sugary treat, but the calories do add up. Christ wanted us to have moderation in all things and that includes wonderful, juicy cherries, as well!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: