Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Am I Bringing Forth more Fruit?

John 15: 1 I am the true vine, and My Father is the husbandman. 2 Every branch in Me that beareth not fruit He taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, He purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. 

Christ has had many significant things happen in my life and has shown me that He is right there beside me through them. He has shown me ways to grow in my daily Faith Walk with Him, but am I bearing fruit?

I recently shared with someone about how Christ allowed me to loose 80+ pounds and to keep the vast majority of it off for over 30 years. I knew this person was a Christian before I shared my story with her, something I almost never do. Sure, I share things with others through my blogs, but that is a very low risk form of sharing. If people don't like what I say, they can click off of the blog and I would be none the wiser.

I felt really led to share this information, but maybe it's because I didn't think I would be met with rejection. At first, she was very supportive of what I said, but it seems to have changed over the months. I feel that this person feels resentful toward me. Of course, I am sitting in the background trying to figure out every thing I might have done or said to offend her, but it's of no use. I even tried to apologize for something that I thought might have offended her. I need to just back off and pray for Christ to heal her heart. I just don't want to be doing things that are counterproductive to bearing fruit for Christ. Maybe, I should just stick to my podcasts and blogs.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: