Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Do I Flee When the Going Gets Rough?

Matthew 26: 56 But all this was done, that the scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled. Then all the disciples forsook Him, and fled. 

This Bible passages is talking about when the soldiers captured Jesus to take Him in for questioning after Judas Iscariot, one of His disciples have just betrayed Him. To top that off, His other disciples fled. It makes me think, Do I flee when the going gets rough?

I wish I could say No, without a doubt I stay true and focused on Jesus, who has done so very much for me, but I'm often very weak. There are times when I have an opportunity to share how Christ allowed me to have an 80+ pound weight loss and keep the vast majority of the weight off for over 30 years. I feel truly blessed, but find that I sometimes shy away from sharing this wonderful miracle with others.

I tell myself that I'm being humble, but that's not always the case. I know that when I share this miracle with others, I am faced with telling how Christ did this miracle in my life and I sometimes avoid this if I feel others may not respond positively to this information. That makes me just the same as the disciples who fled when Jesus needed their support the most. I need to be prayerful about being more willing to share how Christ has worked in my life.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: