Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Through My Weakness

And He [the Lord] said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Over the many years I've felt led to write the Christian Overeaters Past and Present Blog, I've wondered, periodically, why so many people are drawn to it. In the hundreds of posts that have been shared, find these at Christian Overeaters Support.blogspot.com/ the vast majority of them attest to my being a very sinful human being. I tell of the many times I start to fall back into old patterns of turning to food when I feel stressed, happy, fearful, etc. Fortunately for me, Christ is very gracious and brings me back to the point of remembering that when I turn to food for comfort instead of turning to Him, I've let food become a false god in my life.

You wouldn't think that it should be that easy for me to backslide, especially in that it's been over 40 years that Christ blessed me with the loss of 80 pounds of excess weight. In addition to that, He's allowed the vast majority of that weight to stay off all these years. In the times I tend to backslide, I find that I'm not staying focused on turning these stressful issues over into Christ's very capable hands. I fall back into trying to figure out how to solve all my problems or all the problems of the world on my own, which is a foolish thing for me to do. Jesus always sees the Big Picture and knows how best to handle situations. When I am prayerful and turn situations over to Him, instead of fretting over them, a sense of calm comes over me, because I know my Lord and Savior will take care of the particular situation/s in the way He determines is best, according to His will.

Prayerfully contemplating all of this, I think readers want to know that Christ doesn't just turn His back on us sinful human beings like you and me, although it may be that we turn our backs on Him. He is always there to comfort us and lead us through difficult situations when we let Him.


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: