Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Believe in Doing This, but Others Were Doing It to Me

Luke 3:11 He answereth and saith unto them, He that hath two coats, let him impart to him that hath none; and he that hath meat, let him do likewise.

I believe in sharing with others, but with COVID 19, there were others who were contacting me, family, friends and neighbors who were offering to get things at the store for us or offering to share with us. 

It's so strange when you've always wanted to help others and people are offering to help you, instead. At first, I told everyone thank you very much, but that we were fine. Sometimes, it's difficult to accept the help of others. Then, as the reports continued to change that this Social Distancing period could last as long as the end of summer, I got a little concerned. Within minutes of one another, there are people saying totally opposite time frames. This, in and of itself, is enough to drive a person to overeat! I have realize I no idea how long it's going to last, and the reports of proposed end dates seem to vary, depending on who you are listening to and how much medical experience they have. 

Trying to be prayerful about all of this and trying not to revert back to overeating, it's important that I stay focused on Christ, who always knows the big picture. After much struggling, I felt led to accept the help of some who were already going to the store. It does lighten the stress, but I still wish that there was some way I could assist others. Maybe, this blog post is it. 

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: