Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Not Being Content

1 Timothy 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content

I have explained that although this pandemic and social distancing is stressful, Christ has taken that stress off my plate and I haven't felt like overeating like I would have some years ago, before I started turning my food, body, eating and stress over to His very capable hands.

The other night, I wanted to munch something. It didn't really matter what, but I still wanted to munch something! I prayerfully contemplated this, because I haven't had this urge much, since the pandemic. I already had a substantial dinner, so that wasn't the reason why I wanted to munch something. 

I tried to think back through the foods I had eaten and I had already eaten two apples, so I couldn't have any more. I wasn't satisfied with that and continued to try to figure out what I could eat and stay within my eating program. I ended up getting some raw pumpkin seeds I had in the freezer. I really like the roasted ones, but they aren't as healthy, so I get the raw ones to keep for periodic healthy snacking. Although I ended up with something to munch, I have to be prayerful about why I felt so strongly about munching. Usually, food things are tied up in stress or feelings I haven't come to terms with. I need to be prayerful about this!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: