Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Focused on the Bulge

Mark 9: 23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. 24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

I recently shared how I have been so blessed during COVID 19, Christ calms me when I get concerned about all the press releases, news, etc. First of all, He helped me know that I need to not watch these all day long. A small dose of it to get a little update is enough for me, so I don't have sleepless nights.

I know this calmness comes from Christ, because I haven't had the urge to overeat. I know that doesn't come from me, because usually when there is a stressful situation, I've turned to food, in the past, for comfort or to ignore the situation, but Christ has freed me from this. He showed me that food had become a false god in my life, because I was turning to food for comfort instead of turning to Him.

Well, I explained in a recent post how Christ had allowed me to lose some weight, something I wouldn't have expected to happen. I was especially pleased when I saw that the bulges on my arms disappear. Then, I thought I started seeing the bulges start to form again. Every day, I would find myself focused on the bulge, was it starting or was I imagining it? I was making the bulge a false god, not that I was turning to it for comfort like I did with food, but I was making it too important. Once Christ had this on my heart, it seemed to loose it's importance. I had to turn that obsession over to Christ's very capable hands!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: