Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Am I Just Going Through the Motions?

1 Peter 1: 22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently.

When I read this passage, I have to evaluate if I am truly loving others with a pure heart or am I just going through the motions? I think I often delude myself into thinking that I am being truly loving and caring of others the way that Christ would want me to be.

I find myself getting caught up and resentful of those who have anger issues. If I'm resentful of these people that have anger issues, and I loving others with a pure heart? When I'm being honest with myself, I'm not. If I'm loving others with a pure heart, I don't let their anger issues cause me frustration and I don't eat over those frustrations, something I've done periodically.

If I'm loving people with a pure heart, I'm loving them despite any flaws they might have, any life style choices they might have made, and any faith they might have or not have. As I evaluate this, I realize that I have to be more prayerful about loving others with a pure heart. Funny thing is, I thought I was, but obviously, Christ has much more work He needs to do in me!!!!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: