Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Corn Chowder

John 12: 23 And Jesus answered them, saying, the hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified. 24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. 

I know this is a very thin Bible verse tie-in to the topic of this post, but I really like it! I had made scalloped corn for my family. There was plenty left over, which delighted me, because that allowed me to make Corn Chowder with the left-overs. 

I planned that I would use half to make a batch of Corn Chowder the first night and use the other half to make another batch the following night. It turned out that I was the only one eating it. Did that stop me? No! I went right ahead and ate both bowls of Corn Chowder both nights. 

When I noticed that my pants were getting too tight, did I connect it to all the Corn Chowder? No, of course not! Why be responsible for your own actions when it's better to blame something else! Who would have thought that eating four bowls of what turns out to be gravy with some corn thrown in would have caused me to gain weight???? Right???? I'm actually making fun of myself and my distorted logic, at the time!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: