Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Thought I was Finished, but God Showed Me that I Wasn't

 Matthew 7:1-5 Jesus says: "Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in you own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove the speck from your eye';  and look, a plank is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."

I had felt led to stop my weekly posts, so that I could focus primarily on doing Biblical Research.  You can find this research on Do Biblical Inconsistencies Really Matter? at https://Biblicalinconsistencies.blogspot.com/ 

I was saddened by this, because I'm a sinful human being and I really enjoyed sharing the insights that Christ gave me related to my weight loss and how food and other things had become too important in my life. 

The thing is, the other day Christ gave me new a new insight to share. I'm not sure how often I will be posting on this site, but I know I'm supposed to share this with you. I guess since it's been over 40 years that Christ has blessed me with an 80 pound weight loss and allowed the vast majority of it to stay off during that time, I think I know what's counterproductive and what's not. As you noticed, I have I think underlined, because that's the root of this whole post. 

Years ago, before the weight loss, I used to pray, "God help me loose weight," "help me..." God showed me that I wasn't turning things over into Christ's very capable hands and was into the "I" and "Me's" asking God to help ME do things, although I didn't realize at the time that was what I was doing. It wasn't until I gave up control and told God, "I give up. If you ever want me to be thin, You'll have to do it." I wasn't expecting anything to happen, because I was just giving up on trying to ever be thin, giving up on all the diets, giving up on all the pain and frustration! 

The thing is, that very same day, Christ changed my life and started showing me that I needed to put my life, my food, my fears, my stress, etc. into Christ's very capable hands instead of eating over them. He showed me that food had become a false god to me, because I turned to it in times of trouble to console me instead of turning to my Lord and Savior!

Well, the thing is, recently I was talking to my spouse who went to the store to walk laps around it, but brought home mark down pies and doughnuts. I felt compelled to share with him that it's counterproductive to walk laps and buy things that have the potential to cancel out the benefit of those laps.

Later, Christ had it on my heart that before the weight loss that He allowed in my life, people used to tell me how I should eat, what I should eat, what I shouldn't eat and I would become resentful and eat it just to spite them. Funny thing, which really isn't so funny, it didn't hurt them all those years, it just hurt me! Sadly, I realized that I was doing exactly what others did to me. I was telling my beloved husband what he should and shouldn't do with his exercise and eating. It was a very eye-opening experience! In addition to that, Christ led me to share this humiliating realization with you, because I'm a sinful human being and I will always need Christ's help in my life to move me to be the Christian He wants me to be.


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: