Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Is Beauty Only Skin Deep?

Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised. Proverbs 31:30.

This one has a whole new meaning for me, lately. I got a sty and my ophthalmologist said that I had to put medicine in my eye daily and to not wear makeup for a month.  You wouldn’t think that would be such a big request, but it has, unfortunately!

Sure, putting medicine in my eye daily has been an inconvenience, but that’s not it. It’s that I’ve considered myself to be a Humble Christian, but am I?  Since I’ve been putting the medicine in my eyes, they’ve been puffed up and I have bags under my eyes, as well.  I hate to admit this, but I have gone from putting the medicine in my eyes three times a day to once a day, because of how they look when I do it more frequently.

Prior to this, I didn’t wear much makeup, but according to my ophthalmologist, the eyeliner I used carried bacteria to my eyes, which caused the sty. I had heard of mascara doing this, but never realized that eyeliner could do the same thing.  What I am just realizing is that I am wasting a whole blog post on worldly things like makeup and how I look.  What a shame!

I thought that God showed me that what I looked like and what size I am didn’t matter in God’s eyes, and it doesn’t!  Did I take on those same values? I thought I had, but obviously, I have a looooong way to go!  I can’t wait until I’m healed enough to put eyeliner on again.  What shallow values I have!  I am so amazed and ashamed at the same time!  Instead of being thankful that God is healing my eyes, I’ve been more focused on more worldly things like beauty. Oh my!  Fortunately for me, God is patient and uses these blog posts to help me be open to letting Him make me the Christian He wants me to be and He can do the same for you, too! Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised. Proverbs 31:30.


Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: