Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Responding to a Snarky Comment

2 Timothy 2:23: But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife.

I was recently by someone who made a snarky remark saying something about me being piggy, because I was getting some food. I had recently lost around 10 or so pounds, but it wasn't from me, it was from Christ who has given me a sense of peace during COVID-19. Normally, I would have eaten the door knobs off during such a stressful time, but Christ has given me a sense of peace and I've turned to Him instead of to food.

 This person had previously said some other things, but not as snide as this. I didn't say it in anger, but tried to help that person know that it's important that they "don't mess with my food." Although, I was frustrated, I tried to calmly explain that Christ has taken care of any urge to overeat during this time and had allowed me to lose 10 pounds.  I debated whether or not to say something to the person. I remembered that I responded in negative ways when people messed with my food may years ago. I remembered someone who would offer snacks to other people and skip me, saying it was because I'm dieting. I remember eating many of the snacks out of spite, like I was saying, "Don't you tell me what I can eat and what I can't!" 

Although I wasn't quite as calm during this point, I told the person that I need them "not to mess with my food!" I further explained that Christ is doing a great job of helping me have balance during this time of COVID-19 and He helps me know when I need to eat and when I don't.  The person tried to justify their comment. Christ gave me the grace not to argue with them. Fortunately so, because things calmed down in short order and probably wouldn't have if I had argued with the person.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: