Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Desire

Hebrews 6: 11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end: 12 That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

We went to a very special restaurant for brunch while with family during our vacation.  That's when the desire hit me! They had this special Challah bread stuffed French Toast that was filled with cream cheese and pecans. Now that sounds good, but it was topped with Marion-berries, as well.

Did I order that? No, I ordered some souffle blueberry pancakes. Before we were served the food, I made a deal with someone at the table, to trade a bite of my pancakes for a bite of their French Toast. That was the beginning of my desire. I tasted one bite of the stuffed French toast and immediately knew I should have ordered that instead.

The person that ordered the French toast only ate one of the the stuffed pieces. I wanted so very much to ask for the other piece of French toast, but I didn't. Instead, I watched as that person packed it up in a To-go container. Later, I found out that the French toast stayed in the car too many hours and had to be thrown away. My first instinct was to be frustrated, because I would have really enjoyed it rather than it wasting. My next instinct that Christ gave me was to realize I was spared from this craving of desire. I had been thinking of that stuffed French toast for a couple of days. Anytime that food takes up that much of my thought processes, it has become a false god to me. Fortunately, Christ saved me from myself, once again!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: