Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

So, I Blew It, Now What?

1 John 5: 4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. 5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

I wasn't able to overcome my compulsive overeating, but Christ made that possible. He taught me life lessons as I read the Bible on a daily basis and applied them to my life. He showed me that I had tried to be in control of all aspects of my life and if I'm trying to be in control, I'm definitely not letting God be in control of my life. It was a hard lesson for me, but my whole life turned around when I turned my control, eating, food, and body in to Christ's very capable hands.

Along the way, God showed me things. One of these lessons was what I did when I blew my diet. When I would blow my diet, I used to eat everything I thought I might be tempted with, which was really counterproductive!  Instead of having a small weight gain to deal with, after going on the "I Blew It Splurge," I had much more excess weight to contend with. 

Christ showed me that He forgives me of all my shortcomings and vices and can heal me of these, if I let Him. So, when I start to stray into old counterproductive eating patterns, I try to have some quiet time to pray about it. Shortly thereafter, Christ gives me the resolve to again, that very moment, turn my food, body, and eating into His very capable hands and He always takes care of it, if I let Him. He has allowed the vast majority of the 80 pounds to stay off for over 30 years. I do slip at times, but when I'm prayerful about it, Christ picks me up, dusts me off, and sets me down again aimed in the right direction. He can do this for you, too, if you let Him!

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: