Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Pampering Yourself

 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. 1 John 4:9

I remember eating lunch at work and a lady came in with a personal sized wicker picnic basket. She opened it up and took out the cloth place mat and carefully set it down, straightening it out. Next, she took out the real silverware that she had rolled up in her cloth napkin. She took out a ceramic plate, a real glass and put them in the appropriate positions on her place mat. After that, she put her lunch on the plate. We were all anxious to find out why she did this. Her reply was that she was on a diet and she was pampering herself, so that she didn't feel deprived.

The more I think of this, the more I realize that I rarely pampered myself on any level. I think I always felt guilty for being heavy. I always felt that I didn't deserve nice things in my life. I felt that I deserved to be punished and I guess that I was punishing myself all those years. It's makes me sad when I think of it. I didn't feel deserving of love from others or love of myself. I wish I could comfort that lonely "me" I used to be.

Fortunately for me, Christ showed me through reading the Bible on a daily basis, that He loved me and gave His life for me, so I might have eternal life through Him. When I think of this, it shows that if Christ loved me that much, then I am lovable and worthy of love from others and myself. Not only did Christ allow me to loose 80 pounds and keep the vast majority of it off for over 30 years, but He gave me my self-worth. He can do the same for you, if you let Him.

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: