Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Hearing the Life Lessons

Acts 28:28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

There was a period just before Christ allowed the 80 pound weight loss and throughout the years after, that He will sometimes have Life Lessons for me. Lots of them have to do with my personal life, choices, etc. But, some have to do with my eating, because food had become a false god to me. God showed me that I was turning to food in times of stress, joy, sadness, instead of turning to Him at these times.

One of the Life Lessons He had for me was about the quantities of food I had been eating. I'm a visual person and when I have smaller portions of food on a normal sized plate, it could make me feel deprived. When I use a salad plate, it looks like I have plenty of food on my plate, which I do. Plus, it satisfies that sinful desire to have a full plate of food, whether I need it or not!

I read that lots of times when people eat, it's because they are really dehydrated and really need water or milk. I prayerfully contemplated this, because not eating tips are sound for my body, but this was. I started getting water or milk when I had that urge to eat more things, when I know I had already had a full meal not that long ago. It has helped many a time, but I have to admit, there are those times when I don't want to listen to the Life Lessons and just want to eat a plateful of something that's not good for me. Sometimes, I give in to these temptations, but when I truly hear the Life Lessons Christ has given me, I put these desires in His capable hands and He takes them away from me and He can do it for you, too! 

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: