Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Still Felt Fat...

Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ; 14 Who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto Himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

I chose this Bible verse more for the word appearing, because this post has to do with my appearance, but I'm finding out that this Bible verse is more appropriate for me than I originally thought. 

As I read the Bible on a daily basis, something I continue today, and turned my food, body, and eating into Christ's very capable hands, He allowed me to loose 80 pounds of the excess weight I had carried around for many years. I found that I really still felt heavy for a long time, even though my body was thin. (Actually, I've heard that this is a very common thing for people who have lost weight.) The thing is, part of turning my food, body, and eating over into Christ's hands is being open to dealing with the life lessons He had for me and one of those was to come to terms with my body being thinner. Sure, I had saggy, baggy, droopy body parts to deal with, as well, but I mainly had to pray and turn all these issues over to God. 

Christ healed me, so that they weren't lingering issues that interfered with what He wanted in my life. This is where the passage applies to my life in a way I hadn't expected.  This part: "Jesus Christ; 14 Who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto Himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works." lets me know that He has a purpose for each and everyone of us. Maybe, for me, it's sharing all my many, many weaknesses and inadequacies, so that others come to know Him as their Savior, as well. 

Although I can't totally know all that Christ wants of me, that portion of that Bible verse had a totally new personal meaning for me. That's the great thing about reading the Bible on a daily basis, because many of the passages have a personally significant meaning when you apply them to your own lives. Try reading the Bible each day, and see. You will be amazed at the difference it makes in your daily life, your relationship with Christ, your family, others, and yourself!

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: